John Friel, PE, PTOE
Previously, Friel has served in many significant roles of responsibility in his nearly 30 years with HNTB. During the last five years, he successfully led the firm's Design Build division, coordinating with offices and project teams throughout the firm, establishing strong relationships with contractor clients and establishing firmwide processes while successfully delivering more than $9 billion in constructed design-build and public-private partnership projects across highway, transit and aviation infrastructure. Major design-build projects Friel has led have included the Honolulu High-Capacity Transit Corridor Project in Hawaii; Presidio Parkway in San Francisco; Alaskan Way Viaduct Replacement Tunnel in Seattle, I-15 Corridor Expansion in Utah and I-495 HOT Lanes in Virginia.
● Institute of Transportation Engineers
● American Society of Civil Engineers
● Intelligent Transportation Society of America
● Engineering Society of Detroit
● Bachelor of Science, civil engineering, Lawrence Technological University